You found it! You’re about to discover the three great reasons to choose polyphenol-enriched olive oil and your best source for buying it. We are one of the few makers in the world of very high, polyphenol-enriched extra virgin olive oil. So ask us anything below!
1. It’s Great For Your Health
Numerous studies have emerged about the tremendous health benefits of regular extra virgin olive oil from the original PREDIMED study in 2013 on the Mediterranean Diet. Most of the focus has been around the cardiovascular benefits of extra virgin olive oil. And the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has determined that a minimum 5 mg of hydroxytyrosol and its derivatives in olive oil should be consumed daily by individuals – or to be used by olive oil producers to use a cardiovascular health claim.
But did you know that polyphenol-enriched extra virgin olive oil can reduce joint inflammation, support your body’s immune response against viruses, and may be protective against age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease?* Studies have indicated the impact of high levels of natural hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol and oleocanthal found in olive polyphenols. They are high in anti-inflammatory agents, anti-oxidants, and vitamins. Read more about it here.
Why is that you ask? Because of the high levels of natural hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, and oleocanthals in our proprietary blend called TrePhenol®. We extract these natural, high powered olive fruit ingredients directly from Spanish arbequina olives with a patented water-based process and enrich the Spanish Arbequina EVOO with the TrePhenol®.
2. You Don’t Need as Much for Health Impact
The EFSA requirement for a minimum of 5mg of hydroxytyrosol per day from olive oil is actually not that high or difficult to achieve each day. Our CardiOlive® 25x for example, offers a minimum of 6mg of natural hydroxytrosol (and sometimes a lot more!) in every tablespoon (15ml). And you could easily take in more than that when you use CardiOlive® 25x for a meal, or salad dressing or even in your smoothie! Having an enriched olive oil allows you to consume a normal amount of olive oil each day without having to take 6-25x more olive oil for the same health impact.
And it is not only cardiovascular benefits that can be achieved but many other bone, metabolic and neurological benefits as well. Take a look at this list of chronic health issues that polyphenol-enriched extra virgin olive oils or high polyphenol olive oils have been shown to benefit:*
- Hypertension • High blood pressure
- Atherosclerosis (plaque formation in arteries) • Osteoarthritis
- Osteoporosis • Diabetes
- Weight Gain • Psoriasis
- Stroke • Alzheimer’s
- Parkinsons • Huntingtons
These medical conditions can improve with the anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of the high polyphenols in EVOO. Specifically, studies have shown that high levels of polyphenols can:
- improve the arterial wall structure
- Lowers cRP (c Reactive Proteins – a biomarker for inflammation) in the body (2)
- Promotes autophagy – the restoration of chondrocytes in the cartilage between joints (3)
- Increases osteoblast production in the bones (4)
- stimulates the body’s immune system
- and many other biological improvements!
3. Extra Polyphenols Add Great Flavor
Really good extra virgin olive oil shouldn’t taste bland at all. In fact, an EVOO with high or enriched polyphenols will actually have a bitter, peppery or spicy taste to it. These are considered positive characteristics for olive oils. You may not know it, but tasting panels and standards for tasting have been set by the IOC – International Olive Council. In fact researchers in Europe published taste studies by the relative content or density of polyphenols in the olive oils. Those with lighter tastes typically had polyphenol content of less 100mg/Kg, while the bolder and more healthy olive oils had polyphenol levels over 400mg/Kg. CardiOlive® 25x for example often has a polyphenol level over 600mg/Kg in order to maintain the 6mg of natural hydroxytyrosol per tablespoon that we show on the label.
So try our bold, nutritious and heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil – CardiOlive® 25x!.
And we love your comments and suggestions on our social media platforms or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
* Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- “Potential Health Benefits of Olive Oil and Plant Polyphenols”, International Journal of Molecular Science, 2018 Feb 28;19(3):686 download a copy at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29495598/
- “International conference on the healthy effect of virgin olive oil – Consensus report, Jaen (Spain) 2004” https://www.researchgate.net/publication/298867392